I'm part of a small team at church tasked with bringing a suggestion to the church of a number of organisations for the church to support financially with our tithe. So, we are thinking of various different types of things to support, and then once we've got a big enough pool of suggestions we'll sit down and have a think about what would be good to support.
There are some individuals that we support as a church already that we'll continue to support (it would probably be a bit unfair to just drop them, haha). There's also some individuals that we've discussed supporting but as we might not end up supporting them it's probably a good idea to not mention them! But here are some of the ideas we've had so far:
- The Haggai Institue (See previous post)
- Grace Baptist Mission (the missionary organisation linked with our denomination)
- A CU movement in another country (or UCCF in this country!)
- Caring for Life
- Pilgrim Homes
- the charity that the NWA offering went to this year that works to stop human trafficking (haven't got the name to hand)
- an organisation working the persecuted church (e.g barnabas fund or open doors)
Let me know if you have any experience of any of these or any that you would recommend/not recommend. I'd love it if you could suggest to me any other individuals/organisations that you think would be good for us to support.