Friday 3 September 2010

September Prayer Update

Wednesday marked the beginning of a new ginger era in my life with a move to Oxford and the start of a new job. I'm now working at Woodstock Road Baptist Church as a Ministry Trainee/Apprentice/whatever-you'd-like-to-call-it.

This summer has been a busy one, hence the lack of bloggage, but I intend to blog with a vengeance from now. I've been, amongst other things, in a mission team to international students in Oxford, on holiday in Switzerland and Northumberland and in an UCCF mission team in Hartlepool.

Anyway, I thought it might be useful for me, each month, to write a prayer update. It'll mean that hopefully (if you're that way inclined) there'll be a few people praying for me - which will be much needed in the next couple of years. It'd be great too if writing this might mean that I'd take some time to reflect on what I'm learning, what I'm struggling with and help me to be continually reminded that I am dependent on God over these next couple of years (as ever!).

So, to kick you off, here are a few things that you can be praying for me over the next few weeks.

- That I would quickly get to know people in church, so that I can get stuck in to service soon but also so that I don't feel too lonely!
- Over the next few weeks I'll be popping in to different meetings and thinking a bit about where I might get involved - please pray for wisdom to know where my gifts will be best suited, as well as where I might grow and develop.
- Next week (Tuesday to Thursday) I'm going on the formation conference (click here to read about it). Please pray that it would serve as a useful foundation to the year, rooting me in grace.
- Thank God for the relationship between myself and Andy (the pastor) that has started to develop, and pray that we would work well together but also have a good friendship.
- This Sunday morning I'm being interviewed in the service, during part of which I'll be briefly giving my testimony. I'm quite nervous about that so please pray!
- I'll be leading the Sunday morning service for the first time on September 19th. Again I'll be quite nervous, so please pray for that!

There's more, but that's probably enough to get you going for now. Thanks for praying!

No comments: