Thursday 5 November 2009

Raised with Christ

Check out below Adrian Warnock's video of him talking about his new book, Raised with Christ.

I remember distinctly when growing up understanding very little of why Jesus rose from the dead. It was obvious to me that it was better for Jesus to be alive than dead(!), but whilst I felt I had a grasp of some of the theological implications of the cross and how that impacted my life, it would have been much harder for me to articulate this for the resurrection.

The reasons for this are probably not necessarily all bad. The drive to keep the cross at the centre of church life is good, I think, but to have the cross without the resurrection is like having a cheque without a signature - ultimately it's worthless. It's the resurrection that makes the cross effective and shows God's acceptance of it, it's because Jesus is alive that he is Lord today and his Lordship today is what our hopes are pinned on for the present and the future.

1 Corinthians 15:3-4
For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures...


So, I look forward to reading this book and getting a deeper understanding of the reasons for and the implications of the resurrection! You can pre-order it now.

Raised With Christ: How The Resurrection Changes Everything from Adrian Warnock on Vimeo.

No comments: