Wednesday 21 May 2008

Lessons learnt

One thing that I learnt last week was to appreciate written exams! Aren't vivas just awful?! I found myself on a number of occasions, when confronted with questions that I knew the answer to, just saying the first (wrong!) thing that came to my head. It was, at times, very embarrassing!

Another lesson learnt was how easy the things of the moment can seem so important, and cause the things of eternity to slip down the list. 2 Corinthians 4v18:

...we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.


So my exams weren't great last week. So what? I tried hard (I could have probably tried harder!), but in the long run are they really that significant? Yes, I glorify God through working hard at whatever I am doing, but whether I get a first or a 2:1 will, in the end, be of little consequence for eternity.

Donald is an older Gentleman who has faithfully supported the University of Manchester Christian Union through prayer and through encouraging its members for a number of years now. It was great of him to remind me of the verse in Ephesians chapter 2:

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.


He helpfully reminded me that if God has prepared good works for me to do, he is going to ensure that I get the right degree classification that will enable me to do them, whatever that may be!

No comments: