Monday 7 April 2008

Two sins

At my church in Manchester, we sometimes sing the following song. Its got amazingly good words, based on Jeremiah 2:13:

...my people have committed two evils: they have forsaken me, the fountain of living waters, and hewed out cisterns for themselves, broken cisterns that can hold no water.


The song is by Sam Chaplin, and it apparently features on his 2001 album 'You're My Every Breath'. After looking around a bit, I can't seem to find it available to buy anywhere, so if you have any ideas where I might be able to get it from, I would really appreciate it! Here are the lyrics:

Two sins have we committed,
Two sins that we cannot deny,
We've turned from you, the fount of living water
And have tried to drink from cisterns cracked and dry

What fools we are, how blind we are!
Have mercy Lord, mercy on us. Forgive us Lord and help us see.
Change our hearts that we might live
For you O Lord, for you, O Lord, always


Two sins have we committed,
Two sins are plain before your eyes
We've walked away from the truth that brings us freedom
And have settled for those sweet enslaving lies

Two sins have we committed,
Two sins at which you stand appalled.
We've turned from you, our glorious Creator
And have worshipped things that are no gods at all.

3 comments:

Tim Sandell said...

I'm liking the songs/hymns theme we've got going!

Unknown said...

I'd try contacting
samchaplin
@supanet.com

The rest of the album is pretty good too.

Scott Thomson said...

That's great, thanks! :)